System: Apple Mac OSX 10.9 or later, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux 12.04 or later
Languages: English, French, German
The neXt level of radio control flight simulation. We gave our rc Flight Simulator the name neXt because it heralds the next evolution in the model flight simulator industry.
Thanks to the highly effective programming beneath the hood of the graphics engine, you'll get the highest quality not only on the latest hardware, but also smooth performance on older computer systems. To demonstrate the quality of the physics simulation included in neXt we have published a few videos here.
The neXt contains 19 flight sceneries, 56 helicopters, 12 multicopters and 2 fixed-wing models. More scenes, helicopters and functions will be added in free updates. All v 1.x updates are free of charge.
Compatible control systems:
- We do recommend the use of the RCWare RX2SIM Wireless Multi-Sim Adapter which offers up to 8 proportional channels and works with all common transmitters. You can order the RX2SIM in our online shop.
- PS3 / PS4 Controller (Apple OSX)
- XBox 360 Controller (Windows)
- All input devices that output a joystick signal will be accepted. See compatibility list below.
Beginner: The hover flight trainer progressively enables more and more control functions in order to help beginners learn hovering from the four predefined angles. An inverted-flight trainer completes this training program. The switchable autopilot simulates the flight behavior of real helicopters with rescue systems (e.g. BEASTX Microbeast Pro-Edition).
Advanced: The Simulator is of course fully 3D. If necessary, the neXt shows the stick movements with four available control assignments. Now you can train blade scratching. Practice autorotations and learn the required pitch inputs to perform the manoeuvre in reality with confidence. The more the energy builds up in the main rotor blades, the more the flight data display (below heli) turns yellow.
Training videos for learning Roll, Turn, Funnel, TicTocs, Piro Flip, Piro Looping, Piro Circle, Piro TicToc, a.s.o. Press the key 'v' to open the flight recorder. Click on 'Menu' and load the desired training video.
Fun: Try to land your helicopter at a box. A optional marker shows the position of the helicopter on the ground. The real time flight data display (below model) shows the selected flight data. Meet your friends online in flight meetings. A maximum of up to 10 pilots can attend a room. Record your best flights and save them to disk.
REDNECK NIGHT FLY with fire and a spot light. Inspired by Camp Hardcore and Tony Whiteside. The only place in USA to allow spot light flying.
Racetracks for multicopters and fpv camera including a top 30 highscore list (offline and online).
Professional film production: Practice camera flights in co-operation between the pilot and the cameraman with the DJI S1000 - including 3axis control and GPS stabilization. The camera can be controlled by a second transmitter or Joypad (Society of Aerial Cinematography / SOAC).
VR: First flight sim with support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive (Open VR / Virtual Reality).
Installation: Optional You can download the neXt in a zip file archive. Just copy the contents to a location of your choice - no further installation required. Available updates are displayed at startup.
Minimum recommended system:
System memory: 3 GB RAM
470 MB hard drive space
GPU 3D support and 256 MB RAM
System memory: 4 GB RAM
1 GB hard drive space
GPU: 3D support and 512 MB RAM
Optimal system for Full HD video output:
System memory: 8 GB RAM
1 GB hard drive space
GPU: 3D support and 2048 MB RAM
Compatible USB controllers:
- any remote control, which is connected to the computer per USB simulator cable. All interfaces which are delivering a joystick signal will work (instruction manual).
- FrSky Taranis (with a regular USB cable, no other USB adapter is needed, OpenTX-USB-Joystick, eepe-Setup-File)
- Mikado V-Bar Control (with a regular USB cable, no other USB adapter is needed. Valerio Bottero describes it here: Video)
- X box 360 controller (Windows: install the controller supplied driver, OSX: separate drivers)
- PS3 or PS4 controller (OSX: no driver installation needed, Windows: separate drivers)
- Reflex XTR interface in joystick mode (instruction manual)
- Aerofly Professional and Aerofly 5 interfaces and Aerofly USB Controller (instruction manual)
- RealFlight Interlink Controller
Compatible USB transmitters or USB cables:
- RCWare RX2SIM Wireless Multi-Sim Adapter. No seperate USB cable needed, switch into joystick mode (purple: game controller). Delivers up to 8 channels. (test against other USB cables)
- USA: DYNAM - RC Tech 6 CH Flight Simulator Remote Control
- UK: DYNAM - RC Tech 6 CH Flight Simulator Remote Control
- International: USB Simulator cable XTR/AeroFly/FMS (4-channel USB cable and three buttons)
These USB cables and USB transmitters are not compatible:
- Phoenix Dongle
- Realflight Dongle
- AccuRC Dongle
- Modelcraft 6 Channel USB Controller
- BMI Gamepilot 6, 8 and 8.5 Controllers
- Pichler FMS USB Adapter #C6091 (only the version with switch is compatible because you have to switch into mode 2)
- Kruhlstein USB Flight Simulator Cable #KR1201 (only the version with switch is compatible because you have to switch into mode 2)